MEDIATION AND ARBITRATION
Need your case to settle? Mediation is a proven method that works. William “Bill” Christopher, Esq. brings over 40 years of litigation experience to seeing that it works. Mr. Christopher is a Florida Circuit Civil Mediator as well as a neutral arbitrator for the American Arbitration Association. You can view Mr. Christopher’s calendar online or contact his Legal Assistant, Kelly D. Parsons, at (941) 952-5242 to schedule a mediation or arbitration.
Over 40 years in the practice of law, the vast majority in large to medium size firms in Washington, D.C., Detroit, West Palm Beach, Tampa and Sarasota. His entire practice has involved trials, arbitrations, and mediations of complex civil cases. Mr. Christopher is also a certified residential mortgage foreclosure mediator.
Mr. Christopher has arbitrated over a hundred cases as a neutral arbitrator for the American Arbitration Association, and he has mediated cases as a mediator for the American Arbitration Association and as a Florida Circuit Civil Mediator. Prior to becoming an attorney, Mr. Christopher was an officer (Captain) in the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (1962-1967).
Certifications and Licenses
Mr. Christopher was admitted to practice law in Virginia (1970), the District of Columbia (1970), Michigan (1977), Florida (1988) and Texas (1989). Additionally, he has been allowed to conduct trials in New York, Minnesota, California and Colorado. He is a member of the bar of the U.S. Supreme Court and various Federal Circuit Courts of Appeals and District Courts. He is certified in Construction Law by the Florida Bar’s Board of Legal Specialization. He is certified by the Florida Supreme Court as a Circuit/Civil Mediator. He is a member of the Commercial Panel, Construction Panel, Large and Complex Case Panel, and a Mediator for the American Arbitration Association. He is also a US Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of Florida approved residential mortgage foreclosure mediator.
- What is Mediation and Why Should I Do It?
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Can Reduce Costs, Florida Home Builder Magazine, September/October 1998
- Government Contracts: Disclaimers of Warranty of Suitability Contained in the Government-Furnished Property Clause, 56 Virginia Law Review 102
Trade / Professional Associations
- Order of the Coif (Virginia Law School)
- The Raven Society (University of Virginia)
- The Barristers (Washington D.C.)
- American Arbitration Association
- The Association for Conflict Resolution
- The Florida Academy of Professional Mediators
- The Florida Bar
- The District of Columbia Bar
- State Bar of Texas
- Virginia State Bar
- Sarasota County Bar Association
- Manatee County Bar Association
- Phi Delta Phi (Magister, Minor Inn 1969-1970)
United States Military Academy, West Point, N.Y. (B.S., Engineering, 1962); University of Virginia School of Law (Juris Doctor, 1970).
Click here for a link to Mr. Christopher’s calendar or contact our office at 941.952.5242 to schedule a mediation or arbitration.